Here is a small installation manual for GDAL and Python:
- Install GDAL core
- Install Python 3.3 and add the Python main path to the environment variable ‘path’ of your System
- Add GDAL_DATA to your environment variables
- Install GDAL Python bindings
If all there were no errors during installation GDAL Python scripts should work. Please be aware that all software parts are x64 and do have the same Python Version!
- See if you have the latest bios update
- Download and install the latest Intel Rapid Storage driver provided by your mainboard manufacturer
- Go to the OCZ Homepage and download the RD400 driver
- Open the Windows ‘Device Manager’, go to ‘Storage Controllers’
- Right click the ‘Standard NVM Express Controller’ and choose ‘Update Driver Software’, then ‘Browse my computer for driver software (locate and install driver software manually)’
Choose the ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’.
- Uncheck the ‘Show compatible hardware’ box to show the manufacturer list.
From the manufacturer list you need choose ‘Toshiba’ and from the models select ‘RD400’
- Click the ‘Next’ button, close the window and restart your computer.
Optionally you can update the firmware of the XG4:
Consider that it is not my fault if you are loosing any data or if you are destroying your SSD drive!
- Download or use the Google search: xg4 dell firmware
- Double click the executeable
- Select the checkbox next to your XG4 from the HDD list
- Update and restart your Computer
The SSD Utility of OCZ is also working with that driver. Here is a link to download it.
Here are my test results:
After a fresh installation of Qt and Visual Studio 2015 I had some problems in configuring developing kits in the Qt Creator application. The main problem was that it could not find any debugger, so here is a small guide where you can save a little bit more time to setup all correctly:
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015
- Download and install Qt
- Download the full package Windows 10 SDK
- After download execute the setup and select only ‘Debugging Tools for Windows’ for installation